Xojo software development tool adds debugging on iOS device, 220+ general improvements with ‘Xojo 2022 Release 1’
Xojo Inc, has announced that Xojo 2022 Release 1 is now available and adds exciting new features including the ability to debug iOS apps directly on the device. Additionally, a number of enhancements have been added to Xojo’s PDF support, such as support for Brush, high-quality report output, and signing PDFs with digital certificates.
“As we have done since 1996, we continue to refine and improve Xojo while keeping it modern by adding new features developers need to maximize productivity and stay competitive in a cross-platform marketplace,” commented Geoff Perlmann, founder and CEO of Xojo. “Adding the ability to debug iOS devices directly on the device allows developers to get a sense of how their apps are performing in real-world situations, ensuring they are delivering the highest quality apps. “
Xojo 2022 Release 1 includes:
- iOS on-device debugging – In addition to testing your apps in the iOS Simulator, you can now debug them directly on your iOS devices
- All new documentation – Xojo documentation is available both in the Xojo IDE and on the web: https://documentation.xojo.com
- General build process improvements with better messaging, macOS code signing step, and IDE build script handling
- General IDE performance improvements
- Better debugging experience on Apple Silicon Macs
- Additional PDF enhancements
- Over 110 bug fixes
Xojo is free for learning and development. A license is required to create your applications. Price starts at $149 for building a single desktop platform. Creating cross-platform desktop, iOS, or web apps is $399. Xojo Pro and Pro Plus plans are available from $799 and more, providing increased support and resources for professional developers.