7 Reasons Java is Perfect for Business Software
Java is the fifth most used programming language in the world in 2021, with a market share of 35.35%. Today, thousands of businesses use Java software development services for digital products and solutions. Of these, enterprise software is one of the most demanded services by businesses – and Java has been a critical part of the technology stack for the development of these applications.
Business systems are essential for businesses to digitize their operations, manage multiple departments, and streamline the entire organizational workflow. They should be scalable, robust, and intuitive, allowing teams to leverage them seamlessly. Java enterprise software development enables businesses to gain functional benefits by digitizing their operations through a single, unified system.
According to surveys, 58% of companies use Java in their technology stack. A huge amount of experience surrounds Java, as developers have been using it for over 20 years now. Enterprise solutions require a Java team that can build applications faster and enable them to gain competitive advantage.
This article will highlight the top 7 reasons that show why enterprise Java development is taking center stage for several companies. It will also focus on the different areas in which companies use the Java programming language.
7 reasons to choose Java for business applications
The development of Java enterprise applications is the cornerstone of several companies in several sectors. The versatility of the technology allows companies to create solutions that are easily scalable, robust and maintainable.
Here are 7 reasons why Java is perfect for enterprise applications:
- Stable language
- Java is one of the most stable programming languages. It is constantly growing, receiving updates, and has become a stable language over the years. Some of the world’s largest organizations hire Java experts to create solutions that provide stability through technology.
- Enterprise applications must be stable. Java eliminates errors in the solution through several testing techniques. It also allows the development of applications that do not require heavy maintenance.
- Evolutionary development
- Of course, Java applications must be scalable. There are frameworks, tools, and libraries that enable the development of scalable Java solutions. There are hundreds and thousands of code libraries that make it easy to scale the application according to business needs.
- Java is a powerful programming language, which means it can handle heavy traffic loads with ease. It easily fixes some of the most common problems in the application process, which improves performance.
- Platform independence
- Whether it is a Java enterprise application framework or any library, developers need to use it across multiple platforms. Java virtual machines allow developers to achieve cross-platform application development, which simplifies the entire process of creating enterprise software.
- Java can be used on macOS, Windows, Linux or Unix. Therefore, developers can easily test their applications on different systems. This way they can understand how the solution will work on multiple platforms.
- Better performance
- Custom enterprise software development is very powerful compared to some of the other major languages. Java reduces memory consumption and uses multithreading to provide better performance. It is a fast technology that allows developers to get results in real time.
- Some of the leading organizations such as Nasa, Wikipedia, Tesla, Netbeans, among several others use the programming language to power their solutions. Some companies are also using Java in deep space technologies.
- Various libraries
- When developing enterprise applications, libraries are essential for adding new functionality, solving common problems, or finding new approaches to developing the solution. There are free and open source libraries with an enterprise-friendly license, which makes it easier for developers to use them for functional purposes.
- The Java ecosystem includes libraries for almost everything, from adding payment integration functionality to deploying applications to the cloud. Java focuses on holistic solution development leading to much better results than other technologies.
- Active Evolution
- Java 14 and Java 15 are the latest additions to the Java ecosystem. The programming language receives constant updates, which leads to the active evolution of Java. The latest upgrade is in Java EE 8, which traditionally heads for enterprise-ready API simplifications.
- Some of the newer versions of Java are already available. Oracle’s large developer community and own team constantly contribute to the development of Java.
- Mobile apps
- Businesses today need to be mobile. They need solutions that the team can access from their Smartphones. Java is the perfect technology for such apps on Android. It is a key programming language for building Android apps over the years using the Android SDK.
- Since the language is platform independent, developers can use the solution from mobile to desktop and easily integrate other applications. Mobile development becomes easier when Java is in the tech stack, as developers have been using the programming language for over a decade to build Android apps.
Java for business: where is it used?
There are several real-world use cases for Java. Today, as the modern world advances, Java solutions are prevalent in different industries. From insurance to manufacturing, technology is useful in the development of applications ranging from complete ERP systems to process digitization.
Java consultants provide services for web application development, desktop applications, GUI development, scientific computing, server applications, embedded systems, J2ME applications and big data technologies. Integrating such applications into enterprise solutions is critical to the success of an organization’s digital efforts.
Augmented reality and virtual reality are also on the list of services provided by a Java software development company. Both of these technologies use Java and its frameworks to build advanced systems that can be used to model solutions and integrate 3D dynamics into enterprise software.
Today, every Java enterprise application develops in one way or another. Since the technology offers so many possibilities for development, scalability and efficiency, companies prefer to use the programming language for multiple aspects of their organization. Today, Java makes digital transformation possible for businesses, which should be reason enough to use it for the development of applications and software solutions.